South County Destination Management: Parking
Growth is happening and we’re planning for it with ways to ease parking issues, especially during peak tourism season.
Parking Management Plan
Tillamook County adopted the Pacific City/Woods Parking Management Plan in October 2019. The plan merges the recommended elements of the Cape Kiwanda Master Plan into a comprehensive guiding document for implementation. The Parking Management Plan has three recommended phases over 20 years that focus on the areas shown in the map.
- Project Advisory Committee (current)
- Project Management Team (current)
- Inventory Report (March 2018)
- Policies and Strategies Report (March 2018)
- Preliminary Strategies Report (May 2018)
- Parking Survey Report (August 2018)
- Steering Committee of Cape Kiwanda Master Plan (mid 2017)
Tillamook County has completed the following projects from the Master Plan:
- Trash compactor and recycling program at the Cape Kiwanda parking lot
- Parking shuttle during summer, which is run by the Tillamook County Transportation District
- Parking management plan, which incorporates the remaining projects from the Master Plan
- Pacific City Wayfinding Plan for Brooten Road area has been approved. When funding is available, fabrication and installation of signage will proceed.
- Day Use Access Fees to support local parks facilities, increasing in February 2021
Tillamook County is currently implementing the Parking Management Plan:
- The Board of Commissioners has established the Parking Advisory Committee to oversee implementation plan.
- The Parking Advisory Committee’s next scheduled meeting is January 27, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. It will be a virtual Zoom Meeting. Meeting ID: 826 3627 1523 | Passcode: 345999
Purchase annual parking passes
You can purchase annual parking passes through Tillamook County Parks: 503-322-3522, ext. 1.
The cost of an annual pass is $55 per year. Discounts available for people 65 and older, disabled veterans, and Oregon Trail Card holders. To maintain social distancing, all passes will be mailed directly to registrants.
Additional questions? Please contact Melissa Rondeau, County Parks, at email@example.com
Do you want to become involved?
- Meeting notes and action items from most recent meeting (12/2/2020)
- Contact Brook Wyntergreen at (503) 842-2672 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming meetings: Zoom Meeting on January 27, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Meeting ID: 826 3627 1523 | Passcode: 345999
- Join our Facebook page. You are welcome to join if you live in, or own a home or business in south county, which includes Pacific City, Woods, Cloverdale, Neskowin, Hebo, Beaver or places in-between.
For more information, please contact Brook Wyntergreen at (503) 842-2672 or email@example.com.